Autumn colours and optional sketch at Penny Black & More

Well here we are in Sept - where is the year going? This month at Penny Black & More we would like to see autumn colours and there is the option of using this sketch.
September sketch
I didn't use the sketch for my DT card, but will be doing so for the mid monthly reminder. The stamping on my card was inspired by the fabulous Doreen of Doreen's dream.  I've used PB 3984L Inclinations with a sentiment from Flonz stamps. The background is some vellum from my stash and I cut out one of the butterflies to mount onto the sentiment. I wrapped a little twine around the stamping and the whole thing has a kraft card base.
I liked this so much I decided to do a second card with the layers reversed, so this time the stamping is under the vellum. The border stamp and sentiment are from Flonz stamps. Three of the butterflies were on this piece of the vellum but I decided to cu and punch two others to add to the card.



Well that's all from me. I look forward to seeing what you create and remember stamping must be the focal point of your card, but no digis. Pop over to the blog to see the usual fabulous prizes up for grabs and the wonderful inspiration from the rest of the team.

Comments

brenda said…
Two beautiful cards Lynn, the use of vellum gives a really ethereal feel to both.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday.

B x
Doreen said…
Two gorgeous cards.xxx
Mervi said…
Hi Lynn, beautiful cards!
Hugs,-))m
Sally H said…
wow, wow, wow, Lynn! Two real beauties! Gorgeous colours and the butterflies are so pretty. Love them x
p.s. I think it is three entries to SS, lol!
Merry said…
This is do pretty great colours and love those butterflies.
Inkyfingers said…
I love autumn colours and these cards are just right for them. I love how your two cards look so different but use the same components!
Ellibelle said…
Absolutely beautiful! Love the design, and use of vellum!
Have a fabulous day!
Carol L said…
Both versions are a lovely expression of fall! I love the soft background stamping with the vivid colored butterflies on top! Beautiful contrast and designs!
MaryT said…
Really nice cards Lynn, Love thge colors.
Whisper said…
Both are them are absolutely stunning, Luv Sam x
Tracy said…
love all the butterflies, two gorgeous cards and they look so pretty with the vellum.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Anne said…
Beautiful duo of cards, love the colours
susiestacey said…
Beautiful card Lynn, the butterflies look ready to fly off they are so pretty. x Susan x